Friday, May 20, 2011

The Basics

For many things, there’s a basic recipe I use to start with, and then I embellish it each time I make it.  So, I decided a good place to start would be with a Basics Series outlining simple cooking techniques for a variety of ingredients.  This can be a great starting point for beginning cooks, or a master recipe for more experienced cooks. 

The key to the Basics Series is that they are as simple and versatile as possible; meant only to get started.  Then, once you have the prepared ingredient, you can add it to another dish, or combine other flavors with it to make something uniquely yours.

The pleasures of cooking for me come in the creativity of taking simple ingredients and turning them into something extraordinary.

I’ll always include two sets of instructions, the first is a simple overview of the whole process; the second is a more detailed description and will eventually include photos as time allows.  I find it much easier to follow a recipe the second time I read through it because I have an idea of what’s coming next.  So, consider the brief instructions a “sneak preview” for those of you trying this for the first time, or a quick refresher for the more seasoned chef.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment